Greek Burgers with Herb-Feta Sauce
These healthy burgers get a Mediterranean twist with a yogurt sauce seasoned with oregano, lemon and feta cheese. If you can't find ground lamb, ask the butcher to grind some for you.
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler to high.
Mix yogurt, feta, 1 tablespoon oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
Cut 1/4-inch-thick slices of onion to make 1/4 cup. Finely chop more onion to make 1/4 cup. (Reserve any remaining onion for another use.) Mix the chopped onion and meat in a large bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons oregano and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Form into 4 oval patties, about 4 inches by 3 inches.
Grill or broil the burgers, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Serve in pita halves, with the sauce, onion slices, cucumber and tomato.
- 1 cup FFM 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt - 225g
- 1/4 cup crumbled Panda Feta Cheese - 250g
- 3 tablespoons chopped Carmencita Oregano - 7g
- 1/4 teaspoon zest Belco Local Lemon Pack - 1kg
- 2 teaspoons juice Belco Local Lemon Pack - 1kg
- 3/4 teaspoon Isis Salt - 70g
- 1 small Belco Premium Punnet Red Onion - 500g
- 1 pound ground Beef Cubes - 1kg
- 1/2 teaspoon Al Doha Black Pepper Powder - 230g
- 2 whole cut halved, split and warmed Rich Bake Wheat Petite Pan - 6 Pieces
- 1 cup sliced Cucumber - 1kg
- 1 plum sliced Tabi3Y Tomato - 1kg